The UNCITRAL Working Group III (ISDS Reform) Informal Meeting - 7-10 June 2022
7-10 June 2022, 2 to 4 pm (Vienna, Austria time)
The UNCITRAL Secretariat will be organizing informal meetings from 7 to 10 June (2 hours daily) on the following topics:
- Code of Conduct (organized jointly with ICSID)
- Procedural Rules Reform; and
- Multilateral instrument on ISDS reform.
The main purpose of the meeting is to present draft working papers prepared by the Secretariat for the upcoming 43rd session of Working Group III in the second half of this year. On 7 June, the chair and the secretariat will update the delegations on the preparations for the Commissions scheduled to take place from late June. All relevant material will be available in due course on the website of UNCITRAL.
The informal meetings will support delegations in their preparation for the next Working Group meetings and can assist the Secretariat as it finalizes the documents for the upcoming session(s). No decisions will be taken at these meetings. The discussions will be guided by the Chair and the Rapporteur. Delegations will be invited to informally raise any questions, share their views and make suggestions.
The Academic Forum will hold a webinar on “Costs in International Investment Dispute Settlement” on 7 June.
The meeting will be held in English and French, with the interpretation being sponsored by the Government of France.
- A/CN.9/1083 - Provisional agenda, annotations thereto and scheduling of meetings of the fifty-fifth session
- A/CN.9/1103 - Work programme of the Commission
- A/CN.9/WG.III/WP.216 - Possible reform of investor-State dispute settlement (ISDS) - Draft Code of Conduct (For informal consultations only)
- PowerPoint presentation on Procedural Rules reform
- A/CN.9/WG.III/WP.194 - Possible reform of investor-State dispute settlement (ISDS) - Multilateral instrument on ISDS reform
- Outline of the working paper - Cost and financing of a permanent multilateral body
- Academic Forum concept paper on Comparative Costs and Financing of Permanent Dispute Settlement Mechanisms
- Academic Forum concept paper on Excessive Costs and Recoverability of Cost Awards in Investment Arbitration