The UNCITRAL Working Group III (ISDS Reform) Informal Meeting on Multilateral Permanent Investment Tribunal - 13-14 September 2021
13-14 September 2021 from 1 to 3 pm (CEST)
The UNCITRAL Secretariat is organizing two two-hour informal meetings on 13 and 14 September 2021 on the possible establishment of a multilateral permanent investment tribunal. The purpose of the meetings is to consider informally the draft document prepared by the Secretariat on the selection and appointment of ISDS tribunal members. The purpose is also to explore topics in detail in order to support delegations in their preparation for the next Working Group meeting at which this topic will be considered and make such discussions more efficient.
- Initial draft on standing multilateral mechanism: the selection and appointment of ISDS tribunal members and related matters (For comments by delegations until 15 November 2021)
- A/CN.9/1004/Add.1, paras. 95 to 133
- A/CN.9/WG.III/WP.169 - Selection and appointment of ISDS tribunal members
- A/CN.9/1050, paras. 17-56
- A/CN.9/WG.III/WP.203 - Possible reform of investor-State dispute settlement (ISDS) – Selection and appointment of ISDS tribunal members