Working Group III (ISDS Reform) Informal Meeting on draft Codes of Conduct
7-8 March 2023, 2 to 4 pm (Vienna time, CET), online meeting
The UNCITRAL Secretariat is organizing, jointly with the Secretariat of ICSID, a two-day informal meeting on the draft Codes of Conduct.
The purpose of the meeting is to provide an update on the progress being made with regard to the Codes, which will be submitted to the Commission in the summer. It will also provide the opportunity to discuss the scheduling of the upcoming session in New York and for the secretariat to provide any necessary information.
The meeting, which will be held entirely online, is open for participation to all UNCITRAL Working Group III delegations. It will be held in English and French, with the interpretation being sponsored by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The meeting will support delegations in their preparation for the next Working Group and Commission sessions and will assist the Secretariat as it finalizes the documents for those sessions. No decisions will be taken at these meetings. The discussions will be guided by the Chair and the Rapporteur. Delegations will be invited to informally raise any questions, share their views and make suggestions.
Please connect via the following link. No meeting ID or password is required.
- New! Draft code of conduct for arbitrators in international investment dispute resolution and commentary (draft for discussion purposes only)
- New! Draft code of conduct for judges in international investment dispute resolution and commentary (draft for discussion purposes only)
- A/CN.9/1130 - Report of Working Group III (Investor-State Dispute Settlement Reform) on the work of its forty-fourth session (Vienna, 23-27 January 2023) (advance copy)
- A/CN.9/WG.III/WP.223 - Possible reform of investor-State dispute settlement (ISDS): Draft Codes of Conduct and Commentary
- Text for the Commentary to the Code of Conduct for Judges (unofficial document, English only)